Our commitment to safety is simple: if its not safe to proceed, then don’t’ … No job is ever too important that we can’t take the time to do it safely. We believe our employees are entitled to productive, healthy careers in an incident-free workplace. This also extends to our clients, their clients and the communities in which we operate.
Whether we are power sweeping parking lots, cleaning parkades, vacuuming out catch basins, flushing drains or working in our office, safety influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture.
This policy applies to all CPM operations CPM will conduct its business in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees and others involved in its operations, including customers, contractors and the public. CPM will strive to prevent all incidents, injuries and occupational illnesses through the active participation of every employee.
CPM will promote its health and safety values of ‘Safety Matters in ALL that we do’ both inside and outside our operations, to influence the behaviors of our employees and the communities in which we live and work. CPM is committed to continuous improvement in both our performance and management of health and safety and will deliver this through:
- • Providing proper resources to achieve an injury and incident-free workplace
- • Ensuring that personnel are trained and competent to carry out their activities
- • Complying with all applicable legislative and industry requirements pertaining to health and safety, as a minimum standard
- • Setting and monitoring clear health and safety performance objectives that encompass both leading and lagging measures
- • Ensuring that all health and safety risks arising from work activities are identified and adequately controlled
- • Implement health and safety programs and appropriate protective measures to control such risks, including appropriate monitoring of its potentially affected employees, contractors and workers
- • Emphasizing to all employees, contractors, and others working on our behalf, that they are responsible and accountable for safe performance on the job
- • Implementing effective processes for workforce consultation, engagement and informative feedback
- • Auditing and monitoring performance to ensure that the organization is fully compliant with its requirements and is applying the lessons learned from all relevant experiences Playing a leading role in promoting best practice in our industry and rewarding excellence